- He was a pediatrician and delivered Catherine Chandler
Despite his short list of appearances, Dr Peter Alcott's was a critical role
and Joseph Campanella played it with professional gravity.
We learned a great deal about Dr Peter Alcott's background - and by extension Father's, Vincent's and Catherine's:
In no particular order ....
- He and Catherine were friends and she consulted him personally and professionally
- He was very friendly with Catherine's parents - although we aren't told how that came to be.
- Catherine was a friend of his daughter Susan.
- He went to medical school with Jacob and knew of his blacklisting.
- Jacob enlisted him as a helper in the very early days of the tunnel community.
- He was first consulted when baby Vincent was brought to the tunnels.
- He supplied the tunnel community with necessary medical supplies and probably some equipment too.
- He played chess with Jacob and usually won - implying he was a regular visitor to the tunnels.
- He had taken blood samples from Vincent previous to 'The Rest is Silence', and warned Catherine the results might not provide answers.
- He was sometimes consulted by the DA's office - and we first meet him talking to Joe in 'Ashes, Ashes'.
- He loves to joke about how he first met Catherine (stark naked - at her birth) - and does so with Joe.
- He apparently didn't know of Catherine's association with the tunnel community, or that she was a helper, until he met her in the warehouse in 'Ashes, Ashes'.
- He claimed Catherine had been very secretive 'for the past year' by the time of their meeting in the warehouse.
- He was one of only three people who harked back to the early days of the tunnels (besides Paracelsus) - the others being Sebastian the street entertainer, and Lou the barber.
- He didn't attend Catherine's funeral in Season 3.
What we don't know (and many fanfic writers have speculated upon):
- The name of his wife, or why and when she died.
- Why Catherine's association with the tunnels was kept a secret from him (did he visit that rarely for 'almost a year'?).
- If her presence was a secret, only one person could have imposed the stricture - Father.
|Ashes Ashes||Dead of Winter||The Rest is Silence|
A Sharing of Hearts
The Way Old Friends Do
Secrets and Promises
A Doctor for All Seasons
|Dr Peter Alcott |
Cross Stitch Bookmark
13 DMC colours
26w X 80h
(Use cross stitch banding for best result)
Download the pattern zip file HERE
Many more characters are available as bookmark patterns